Saturday, October 3, 2015

Heavy Object Episode 1

*Warning Potential Spoilers Below*

Starting off, we see some explosions and lasers. Surely this is a mech anime. We're introduced to what is the "Object", a super-weapon of war and mass destruction all while hearing the backdrop from whom I assume is the main character.
It's like a ball with canons for hair and then a tictactoe board as a raft to stay afloat lol. In this anime, our pilots are referred to as Elites and the first one we meet is Milinda. Two characters are introduced and they mention their social classes. One is a student studying abroad and about Objects (Qwenthur), the other is a radar analyst for the army (Havia) but they are both shoveling snow at their military base in Alaska. There are different types of Objects, some are standard and some are specialized.  
Our little study abroad friend here is causing trouble
Another character, Froleytia is introduced as the commander of this group. She speaks to the fact that the moment an Object loses in a fight, the losing faction must immediately surrender; this is how wars in their time are described as safe and clean. We then see a "War" between two Objects and the harsh aftermath of plenty of humans laid waste by them. Not so safe or clean as I thought, but I knew better. The episode ends with Milinda ejecting out of her cockpit after looking like she has suffered defeat.

I tried it out and I don't believe this series is for me. It's probably going to go more in depth with how the world operates with these wars and see how the lives of these characters pan out with their decisions about what they should do. Just speaking for myself, the designs of the mechs have to compete with Gundam, Code Geass, or Valvrave for me to watch it. It's original, I'll give it that; but it's definitely missing something in comparison to the three other series I mentioned (aside from design) that is keeping me from wanting to continue to the next episode. Not every mech anime does it for me. Argevollen, Aldnoah Zero, and Captain Earth are some that I couldn't watch or finish either.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment